Monday, July 25, 2016

Math Task Boxes {FREEBIE}

I have been pretty good about not doing too much work this summer, but now I'm finally in the head space to go back and have started knocking out lessons and materials. I have numerous kiddos working on number identification, counting, and simple addition/ subtraction. So I made cute Frozen and Monsters Inc. themed activities.



What I love about these is that there are two levels- 1 without visual prompts and 1 with visual prompts. I use the one without visual prompts during small group instruction and then I use the activities with visual prompts during independent work time/ task boxes. But you could use them differently depending on the needs of your kiddos.


The Frozen and Monsters Inc. bundles both have 2 levels of counting activities (one with a 10s frame and one when you circle the number you counted), single digit addition and single digit subtraction.



You can find the Minion math activities here and the Frozen activities here.

Here's the fun part- the first 5 people to comment will receive one of the activities for free! Just leave a comment with your email address and which activity you want (Frozen or Monster's Inc). Then I'll email you the activity within 48 hours.

12 comments:

  1. I would love to use the monster activities with my class of mostly boys! Looks like a great resource for my ID students. Thank you so much!
    Magilldl@pwcs.edu

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to use the monster activities with my class of mostly boys! Looks like a great resource for my ID students. Thank you so much!
    Magilldl@pwcs.edu

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kiddos LOVE Minions!! This will be the first year homeroom teachers will teach math - I teach special education so this would be an awesome independent task!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow :) Send me your email address- I have this in a Minion theme too! I'll send it to you!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. wwindschitl@redwoodareaschools.com :)

      Delete
  4. Very cute! I love the Monster and Minion ones! My kids would love anything Disney. :) kdb1983@hotmail.com

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just emailed them, Kate! I hope your kiddos love them!

      Delete
  5. I know this is an old post BUT I just came across your page and I am OBSESSED! I am going to be a first year teacher starting in August and I think that my kiddos would LOVE these. Any chance I would still be able to get a copy? If not, that's okay! Your blog has already provided me with SO much insight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I'm so glad you found some of my content as helpful!! Congrats on starting your first year in August! I'll totally still send this! Send me an email at kimatarte@gmail.com and I'll send it to you!

      Delete