Monday, February 15, 2016

Organizing weekly/ unit materials (Freebie included!)

I like to think that I love organization, but I'm actually the queen of the "out of sight, out of mind" mentality sometimes. My cabinets and closets often end up looking like a hot mess, but I promised myself that I would start organizing behind the closed doors...


Gabrielle at Teaching Special Thinkers inspired me with her organization post about creating monthly bins. I loved her idea of using large bins to organize, so I set off to Target! Instead of organizing the bins by month, I decided to get smaller bins and organize by units (1-3 weeks of instruction, depending on the unit). I started with 10 tubs and put my largest units in them. I put smaller units into cardboard magazine holders from Ikea. At some point I want to get rid of all the magazine holders and just have the plastic tubs.




You can download the free and editable labels I made here.


 photo xo_zpsh4q1a84m.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment