Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Adapted International Cookbook

I teach at an international school where we focus on promoting global competence for all students. As a severe special education teacher, I've had to get very creative in the ways I include the international aspects into my classroom. One of my favorite ways to teach my students about other countries, cultures, and ways of living is through cooking. My students are so motivated by cooking activities, so it's a great time to work on geography, communication and math skills.

We cook about 2-3 times a month and try to cook an international dish at least 1 time a month. We created a cookbook to share with other special education classrooms!





Check out our finished product! You can purchase the entire cookbook that includes 12 international recipes here. 

Recipes include:
Tzakiti, Guacamole, Hummus, Gurkensalat, Mango Lassi, Sangria, Strawberries Romanoff, Hanoi Bananas, Kartoffelpuffer, Grilled Cheese, and Ataklit Wat

No comments:

Post a Comment