Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Letter of the Week- C

Our letter this week is "C". I stuck to the hard /c/ sound because it is the most common. I like to stick to using one sound for the letter at a time to avoid confusion for the kiddos.

Ideas for Literacy:
What words start with "C"? Adapted book. Download for free here from my teachers pay teachers page

Pete the Cat: I Love my White Shoes You can download a free adapted version here.

My C Book on Tarheel reader here
Letter C book on Tarheel reader here
Letter C book on Tarheel reader here
Our C Book on Tarheel reader here
(Tarheel reader is amazing. The site has a bunch of adapted books, and the best part is that you can hook a Bigmac switch to the computer and use that for students to turn the page!)
The Very Hungry Caterpillar
Click, Clack, Moo Cows that Type
Books about: camels, cars, cats, coyotes, cows

Ideas for Art:


Ideas for Snack:
Eat carrots, cake, candy, cotton candy, caramel apples, cantaloupe, coconut,  corn, crackers, cucumber, cashew

Ideas for Music:
The C Song
Letter C Song
Sesame Street: C is for Cookie


No comments:

Post a Comment